domingo, 11 de julho de 2010

Smart is the new sexy...


I started to watch "The Big Bang Theory" three weeks ago, and I completely loooved the show!!
I'm so addicted to it that I'm finishing to watch the third season now.... What really amazes me in the show is that ALL the characters are amazing, there isn't one I do not like.
The show is about the life of 4 phisicists who are friends and live in the real "nerd world": Leonard and Sheldon, who are roommates, Raj and Howard. Sheldon and Loenard live together and they are suprised when a new hot girl neighbor named Penny comes to their buiding. That's what changes the life of the entire group because little by little Penny starts to be a part in their group while Leonard develops feelings for her... On the other side, there's Sheldon who is a genius in his job but not quite prepared to live in the real world, he's not capable to understand the dynamics in the relationships, he needs to dissect all ths aspects of the relationships in order to understand them, that's what's funny about him, and also he knows he's smarter than everyone else - since he finished college when he was 14 - and he has no problems in saying it out loud. Leonard is the geek guy who wants to have a normal life and a girlfriend - Penny - but he's also opposite of Sheldon because he can understand and feel like others and he helps Sheldon to understand and grow up.
The other part of the group is Howard and Raj. Howard is the nerd who thinks and acts like he was a success with women, but the truth is that he sucks! But his sucking is on of the funniest parts of the show and he's also mocked by the other guys because he's the only one who doesn't have a Ph.D.
Raj is an Indian guy who can't talk to women unless he's drunk. He and Howard make a pair who's always chasing girls and not being successful.
Penny is the sexy and nice girl who starts a friendship with this group and suprisinly becomes a member of it, she blends in nicely despite being beautiful, she's also kind of tough and the only "normal" person in the show.....

The main couple in the show is Penny and Leonard which I didn't like in the first season but now I'm enjoying their story, the wirters dealt with it very well, but I can't help but rooting for Penny and Sheldon, that's right, I multishipp these three. Leonard/Penny is acceptable from the beginning cause they're the most obvious couple since Leonard falls for her in the pilot, but they grew on me. I started to look at them like a romantic couple, and I love romantic couples. Sheldon/Penny is not obvious and it's kind of an impossible dream, cause he thinks she's dumb and she thinks he's an ass sometimes, but they love each other, it's just hard for Sheldon to understand that.

Anyways, if you like "nerd stuff" and creative comedy The Big Bang Theory is a great show.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário